Phellinus Igniarius Extract's Functions and its preparing method
Phellinus igniarius is traditional medicine of Asians (especially China, South Korea and Japan, etc.).In nonclinical field, it is usually used to treat: stomach pain, gastrointestinal disorders, lymph node inflammation,cancer, as well as promoting physical fitness and preventing various diseases. Applications of phellinus igniarius extract mostly focus on preparing medicine for improving immunity. A method for preparing the phellinus igniarius extract comprises the following steps:
(1) crushing a phellinus igniarius fruiting body, refluxing and extracting with 95 percent ethanol for three times, and combining the extract liquids in three times to obtain a total extract liquid;
(2) reclaiming ethanol from the total extract liquid, concentrating to a proper amount, preparing suspension by adding distilled water, and sequentially extracting with petroleum ether, ethyl acetate and n-butyl alcohol;
(3) distilling the ethyl acetate extract liquid at a reduced pressure, reclaiming a solvent, and concentrating it until the extract liquid is dry to obtain the phellinus igniarius extract.
Main functions of Phellinus igniarius extract:
1. Restraining increasing and transferring of cancer cells.
2. Used with anti-cancer medicines can it buildup effect of anti-cancer, and lighten side effects of anti-cancer medicines.
3. Relaxing pains, inappetence, relieving the tiredness caused by weight-losing and cancer, improving QOL(Quality of Life).
4. Anti-cancer, averting cancer again.
5. Preventing and improving the infections due to hypoimmunity.
The phellinus igniarius extract has a remarkably function in improving body immunity. Further more, it is non-toxic and harmless to a human body which means that it does not have toxic or side effects even if taken for a long time and in a large dose; As for the preparation method, it is simple, practical, and convenient to operate. Meanwhile multiple effective components can be effectively extracted with high efficiency. Thanks to its stable quality, it’s applied in various fields such as pharmaceutical stuff, functional food and food additives.